Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 26th....

Missed me?? Its been a month wow! Long time no post...
Lots going on as usual at our place. We finished the clases (thank goodness!) They were long. We learned so much but they were long. We also met some wonderful people! We have stayed in touch with some in our class & had a CPR class this week with a few of them it was great to see them again.
We are now CPR certified, not cure I ever want to use that certificate but its done & off th eto-do list. I think its scary.

Today being June 26th is a sad day for me as it is every year for the last 6 yrs. 6 yrs ago today is when my mom passed away. Time has made it easier, the first year I was still a basket case on this day but today it didnt hit me until I wrote the date on a form at work. John & I went to Iowa last weekend to see the family & we of course went to Rake to visit the cemetary & I usually get sick to my stomach as soon as I can see the treeline of the cemetary, then as soon as we pull in I start crying. This time I was ok until we got ready to leave. It always hits me hard when I leave because I never know when I will be back to visit.
This trip was especially hard being that we had to go through stuff at the Grandparents as they will be moving to Arizona for good this fall. All the cousins got together to split the Fostoria & what ever else we wanted that wasnt going to AZ.
My stinkin' uncle got the secretary desk that I think would be awesome in my house... hopefully he will remember that one day I want that! :)
It makes me sad that they will be so far away now. We wont see them twice a year as they pass thru heading north or south (depending on what time of the year) They wont be 6 hrs away, we will have to fly out to see them. Which is way more expensive & way less convienient than a weekend road trip to Iowa!

Enough of that...
Photo business is busy... its slowed down a bit but it was busy for a while... I would like it to pick up in Sept when its not so hot!
I cant wait to get some time to work on my website & the business side of things... July is coming & that is my plan for July to work on my business.

Biggest looser John is winning... its stinks for me but its awesome that he is doing so good!
I have done well also but he has kicked butt! :)
We- well I am, taking a week off & starting over. I need a break from stressing over so many things.

Adoption.... its going... we are just waiting.
I thought the waiting would drive me bonkers, its not. We have enough going on that I am cool.
Our friends the Bestwicks just brought their baby Quincy home from China, the Millers are in process of adopting Miriam, we are the third family at church that is adopting & it happens in 3's right?? :)
Our link is online now check it out! http://www.adoption-beyond.org/JohnJennifer/john&jennifer.html

We had the opportunity to host 2 teenage girls this week from a youth choir, their from a church in Iowa & they tour to church in the midwest & perform a show. It was a fun time. They were the best kids ever! They were well behaved, poliet, neat. I went up to gather towels in the guest room, thinking when I was a teenager I would have left the towels in the bathroom. These girls had folded the towels neatly on the bathroom sink. Left us a a note thanking us for letting them stay with us. Made the bed. They were perfect!! To think I was worried we would have crazy teenage kids!
Also one of them gave us the name of someone at her church that has a connection to adoption!! God is good! He had us host those girls for a reason!! :)

Ok, I need to get back to work...

No comments: