Saturday, February 23, 2008

Week 7, 8, 9?? I'm lost...

Ok so I missed a few weeks no reason just didnt feel like bloging... there really isnt anything new to report with us. I'm good, John is good, Jasper is good. Jas had a vet visit this week just shots & an exam she is fine, over weight but fine. Vet says she needs to get out & walk more. Think they make tredmills for cocker spaniels? I am still doing great on WW(down another 3 pounds). Another head cold come & gone for me. I blame this last cold on thekid who attempted to help me at wolf camera. Once I realized he was disgustingly sick I left. I touched nothing, purchased nothing just thanked him for his time & walked out thinking I am so going to catch that.
I am going to contact an agency this week regarding a home study to get this adoption journey started! Now that we have our tax $ coming back I feel better about making this step. Its a huge step. I am terrified but lots of prayers will get us through!
Our weather stinks, but then again it is Kansas. **I do have a public service announcement for those who feel the need to drive mock 90 with their hair on fire when the roads are icy in rush hour... KNOCK IT OFF !! I also have a public service announcement to those who feel the need to scrape their windshield while they drive... KNOCK IT OFF! Turn on your defroster & sit still for 5 minutes & it will work itself out!

The photo business has been slow but I hope that changes soon I need a Nikon fix! Yes I am addicted to shooting! No I dont need an intervention. I have failed in my quest to do a personal photo every week... Maybe when it warms up & there is more to do I will take more personal shots? Not promising anything folks!


Lets take a minute to chat about something that is worth bloging about! Chat? Ok not really I guess- I am gonna type, your gonna read(I HOPE!)
March of Dimes. Heard of them? ... well they are an organization who help babies.
(
http://www.marchofdimes.com/) Babies, Sick babies, Family of babies, Families who have lost babies. They are in the helping babies business.
We raise money for them & usually walk in the annual walk. This year the walk is changed names to March for Babies. New name, same great event, same great cause, same needs.
This is where my friends, family, strangers, lurkers, stalkers, who ever you are reading my blog chime in & say "Thats awesome I would love to donate to March of Dimes & help you reach your goal!" (Its for babies, who can say no to babies!?!? Its tax deductable!!)
So this is why John & I are doing this.
We do this for my mom who passed away June 2002. She was diagnosed with polio at 9 days old. She was in an iron lung, she had countless surgeries, she used braces to walk, crutches, of course needed medication. I remember seeing pictures of her when she was in school she had funny prizim glasses that let her stay flat in bed(after she had back surgery & was on bed rest) & still see so that she could still do school work. Sorry thats all i know of the funny glasses & school work story.
Long story short March of Dimes helped covering the cost of braces, crutches, surgery, medication for my mom all the way up to her college years. Something that in the 50's my grandparents wouldnt have been able to afford. I am thankful that they provided the help my family needed.

We are doing this for our Baby J who we lost May 7th 2006 when I was 14 weeks pregnant. March of Dimes doesnt just help babies who are born sick, but researches premature babies & infant mortality.

We are doing this for our friends the Freads & the Heards who have children who spent many weeks in the NICU. The March of Dimes helped them in their time of need. They now have healthy thriving children who will walk May 4th to give back! We will help! (You can see these kids on
http://www.puhakphotography.com/ )

We are doing this for future babies who may need a little help from the March of Dimes.
Please help us in what ever way you would like to reach our goal.
Sponser us, walk with us, form your own team & set your own goal, forward my blog site to everyone you know so they can help, pray for us, pray for the babies & families that March of Dimes helps. Click the link that says sponsor me on this page or email me if you want to mail a check to me made out to the March of Dimes. jennifer@puhakphotography.com

Thanks! See ya next week!


No comments: