Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 10 ish

Hey blog friends... its week 10 of this journey called 2008!

Lots going on at the Puhak house! Lots of fun, lots of hardwork, but still lots of fun!
We are getting ready to start some big "projects" for lack of a better word.

First is John is going to join me on my weightloss journey, seriously this time! We are going to start our own little version of The Biggest Looser-Puhak edition! Awesome right! How will we do it? What will we play for? I know your all dying with excitment to find out but first I have to tell you about our 2nd project...

Dave Ramsey ever heard of him? http://www.daveramsey.com/ He has a program called Financial Peace Univeristy. Well John & I are going to get schooled on how to get out of debt! We are both so excited about going on a budget we cant stand it! We have been reading & doing little things to help us get ready since we went to the meeting sunday. So much that we have already both paid off a credit card each! Ok so it was only $20 for mine & $700 for his but its a start.
Both of them were our highest rate cards.
We have an adoption to save up for if we want to do that we need some structure in our life! We have to stop being so frivilous with our cash.

Now back to our biggest looser game... on the show biggest looser the losing team has to eliminate a team member. Well I love my husband too much to kick him out (plus I'd be lonely & its no fun sleeping single in a king size bed.) so instead we decided that the person who looses the highest percent of weight for the week is the winner. The looser has to put $5 in to the pot. At the end of 3 months the person with the highest percent lost wins the pot! This is especially fun since we will be on this budget thing & wont have much fun money this will be an bonus for June extra fun money to reward us for loosing weight! I am super excited about this also! Look for updates how much cash John has lost cuz I am gonna beat him. :)

Last weekend I had a day of fun with Molly. After our fund raising meeting for March of dimes Angela had things to do & wasnt sure if she could get them done with Molly tagging along. I had nothing to other than a few quick errunds so I offered to take Molly with me. We had so much fun! We went to Legends (a shopping center in KC) She was the best behaved 2 1/2 yr old ever(her parents dont believe me) She named off ever color of the rainbow as we went from store to store. She showed me all the things that she liked & a few that she said "these not pretty" (she is 2 1/2 how does she have a sense of style?) Each store she asked if we were going to buy something for Mr John or Joshua. After we made our way through many stores she made out with the cutest chucks(pink & silver, watch my website for photos soon) & a few clearence outfits from OshKosh! We got Joshua a Tommy tshirt & Mr John some WW friendly candy! She was happy & we could go home. Then we came home to get Mr John & he took us to Red Robin for lunch!
Since John & I had so much fun with her- wait were we suppose to be entertaining her??
We are taking Joshua this weekend & taking him to pick out his birthday present & then to dinner. Its fun having kids you can spoil & then send back home to mom & dad!

OK its late.. I have to go to bed... tomorrow is WI day but I wont be able to blog so I did it early.
I have changed wi days to thursday but will be changing again soon as soon as John joins me... hang tight we will get it worked out!

Did you get this far?? Leave me a comment let me know someone out there in the blog world is reading the non-sense I put together each week!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I am proud of you that you are dedicated to the weight loss. It is so hard. I will join you in your efforts and try as well. Hmmm...maybe I should play against my husband...hahaha!

Jennifer said...

you can just join us! We're like family so you can be Curry-Puhak for the challange!

Jennifer said...

By the way thanks for the comment!

Elsha said...

Sounds like you have a plan - congratulations :o)

Cheryl said...

Great plan Jen...Hope it all goes well... I stop by fairly often and love reading your updates, esp. if I don't see any pics on flickr for a while