Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 4th The WALK!



Yes, today was the March of Dimes walk! It was a blast. Great weather, great friends, great fun for a great cause! This picture is of Lindsay & Michael Heard & there once preemie babies Eryka & Josiah! They are this years Ambassdor Family!!

We walked on the Zander's Zoo team! Which included the Fread's(of course)Curry's & Angela's mom Pam, John & Myself! We stayed together for most of the 3 mile walk but in the crowd going down then back up one of the hills we got seperated. It was a fun walk.







There were TONS of people!







We were entertained by the Marching Cobras, a marching drill team from KC. They were so fun & energizing! What a way to start the walk!








Here are a few more photos from today! Thank you to every one who supported us with donations & prayers!







Joshua with a fresh painted face!












Molly & I getting our faces painted! Next image is the start of the walk... see the lady in the blue shirt & tan hat... :) She shows up in a few random photos ! (Just kidding thats Angela... not sure why I didnt get any real pictures of her or Pam today?)


Marching Cobras starting us off! (Notice There is Angela's back to me again!)... that Short Route is for wimps! We took the long route! The long 3 mile route! It was easier than I thought it was going to be. I think I was remembering back to when my old roommate & I did a 5K for breast cancer & the after effects of the walk about killed us! I was worried I was going to feel like that again. I feel fine tonight other than a small blister on my foot. (Someone has a BRILLIANT idea to wear new sneakers for the walk!) Also I am so tired I could sleep for a week. I have been getting up early & staying up too late for about a week now. So with that being said good night friends! Thanks again for your support! I will check in later in the week for Biggest looser Puhak edition!














No comments: