Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 5th Biggest Looser

Hello friends!
John won again.... this is getting old... I still lost but he lost more.
I dont remember the numbers but what matters to me is the scale is going down for both of us!
So I have to put yet another $5 in the pot....
I said I was going to kick butt this week & really make him work hard to win next week however he is traveling so he wont be able to work out, I am busy everynight this week (again) so I wont be working out. So as of today (wed) I will be happy if the scale just goes down.

Yesterday I took Jasper to the vet. Her coat looks funny. I noticed about 2 weeks ago that her fur is really short on the sides & kind of clumpy on her hips. So I finally took her in. Dr Beggs is wonderful & explained the worst case scenario to me (Cushings Disease)& then what he thought it might be Thyroid problems. Then discussed dental cleaning that Jasper needs & has needed for a while. I guess dogs need their teeth cleaned every 2 years(I didnt realize how important this was) she has an infection in her teeth that could cause bigger issues. If left untreated could spread to her heart, liver, lungs, ect.
So by this point in our meeting I feel like the worst person every that I havent taken care of her & now she is sick, I dont know if she is in pain because of any of this. I am stressed beyond believe & broke down in tears. Not only because I feel like i havent taken care of Jasper but because vet bills are NOT cheap! I had to run out to the car to get my check book & called John to tell him I was going to be spending $300 on Jasper... thinking he wasnt going to be thrilled & we would have to move money around but he was as usual the best husband ever & said so what do you need to do & dont stress over the money.
I love him. He keeps me sain when I feel like my world is falling down around me.

I got a call this morning that the blood work they did yesterday came back & that Jasper doesnt have the Cushings disease but that the thyroid work isnt back. Everything else is fine she is in excellent health other than the thyroid issues. So its an easy treatment.
What a relief. Treat that & get her teeth cleaned & she will be good.

No comments: