Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15th

Did you do your taxes?


Tonight was week 2 of our adoption class thru the state of Kansas. I am not enjoying it to say the least. I leave very stressed out. I think the class is more focused on foster care than adoption. I am overwhelemd in all the information we are getting & it doesnt pertain to us. I really try to stay open minded & learn something that might help me in the future but its tough. Its a long 3 hrs that we are there. Then we have homework.

I think it we have too much on our plate right now & though its all just as important as the next item on the list its just getting to be alot to take in. I am going to try to stay positive & rememeber that in 10 more weeks all of our classes will be done! Also we will be done with our Puhak biggest looser (ROUND 1).
I bet your dying to know the details on that huh...
I won this week. I lost 4.5 John lost 5, but I lost more percent wise. Because we are following direction from our Dave Ramsey classes rather than eating out we had a "cheat meal" at home. However, it was fairly healthy & we did go out for ice cream (& Used a buy 1 get 1 coupon!!).

We are learning alot from everything we are doing. We have been very successful with all we have going on! John has lost over 40 pounds, I have lost over 20, we have paid some things off, made some changes to make things work better for us. We have a long term plan for all the things that are going on. Adoption, Weight Loss, Paying off Debt... its all going to take time & we have to stick to gether & stick to the plans that we have laid out to get to our goals!

On the adoption home front, we are done with the homestudy packet we just need get a letter back from the Dr(its been a week where is it DOC?) then we will turn it in & wait for the agency to prepare the info & conduct the home visit. In the meantime we have a reading list, we have the tuesday night class, & a nursery to prepare! :)

For those who read & are curious how the photography is going... I have several sessions booked this spring, I have a client interested in discussing a wedding even for 2009! After we get through our classes I am going to focus on getting my business "legal" & getting the paper work in order to protect myself & the business. I might even make enough this year for to invest in new gear! NIKON D80 here I come!

Good night friends! Its late.

*** John if you really are reading this, I love you! I am so thankful every day that I have you by myside. It has been wonderful to be your wife for the last 5 yrs! Happy Anniversary!! YSW.

1 comment:

John said...

Yes - I actually do read this :) (Kiss) Happy Anniversary - YSH!