Thursday, April 24, 2008

Catching up! 4.24.08


We are still swamped with things going on here at the Puhak house! We are back from St Louis & things are still nuts around here!


March of Dimes walk is coming soon!!!! Thank so you much to my friends & family that have donated online or sent me checks! I am so excited to have so much to turn in on May 4th! I am over 1/2 way to my goal (HINT HINT any one else want to donate to the walk!?!?! Click the purple widget on this page!!)


The photo business is picking up now that the word is getting out more! I have even been brave enough to approach strangers & ask if they will model for me! Ok really I want their business. But if I cut them a deal its a win win for everyone right!?!? I have several friends getting ready to have babies! which means several friends who want maternity & newborn pictures! AWESOME! Even better news today we discussed where this money goes in the budget, John says I get to decide what to do with it! I can save it for new gear!! Gosh my husband is awesome!


Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University is actually kinda fun. It makes you open your eyes a bit wider to what your spending but its not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now ask me how it is in a month. We start the real "Envelope System" May1st! I hate carrying cash around. I dont feel safe but I hope to get use to it.


Puhak biggest loose, was a wash this week. Thats all I am going to say about it! We are back on track & doing great this week! We will get some extra walking in tomorrow!


Adoption... its all moving way faster than I expected. We handed in our paper work for the homestudy on our way out of town friday April 18th(Our 5th Anniversary) Wed I got a call at work & we set up a homestudy for May5th!


We are in the MAPPS class, a foster & adoption class that the state of Kansas offers & part of that class you have to have a home study also. We have that one set for May 2nd. WOW!

So tomorrow morning John & I are going to go to the neighborhood garage sales & look for baby security stuff, gates, plug covers, what ever else we can find! Exciting!! :)

We will keep you posted! There may be a Puhak adoption blog coming soon but who knows I cant even keep this one up! Maybe I will get John to do that one & link it here!


Friends & Family*** I have a new email address jenniferpuhak@gmail.com

(Grandma I cant get emails thru to you, but I am going to call this weekend If I dont hear from you!)



No comments: