Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008 Word for the Year!

fo·cus
–1.
a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity: The need to prevent a nuclear war became the focus of all diplomatic efforts.
2.
Physics. a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation, meet after being refracted or reflected.
3.
Optics.
a.
the focal point of a lens.
b.
the focal length of a lens.
c.
the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.
d.
the position of a viewed object or the adjustment of an optical device necessary to produce a clear image: in focus; out of focus.
4.
Geometry. (of a conic section) a point having the property that the distances from any point on a curve to it and to a fixed line have a constant ratio for all points on the curve.
5.
Geology. the point of origin of an earthquake.
6.
Pathology. the primary center from which a disease develops or in which it localizes. –verb (used with object)
7.
to bring to a focus or into focus: to focus the lens of a camera.
8.
to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts. –verb (used without object)
9.
to become focused.


I have so many things I need/want to focus on & many other things to stop focusing on. Confused? Yeah me too! My focus needs to be on me, myself & I. I am not a selfish person. But I need to try to be. Atleast to keep myself & my goals in focus.
I need to stay focused on what I want to accomplish this year & push everything else to the side for now. I want to learn more about photography. I learn more everyday but there is still so much to learn. I love everything I am learning but its a complicated hobby!
I want to be healthy & i take baby steps toward that everyday, its going to be a long road!
I want to use my time wiser... i have no idea where to start with that. It seems like there is never enough time in the day.
With all that being said, i need to go change the laundry & not spend so much time on this computer!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your word! That was one I seriously thought about! I went with embrace and focus is at the top of my list for next year! Have a great year with it!