Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wow what a night!

Its Tuesday Ladies & Gents... I had a FABULOUS date with my fantastic husband!
So your probably going to think this is nerdy, weird, odd what ever... I had a blast... Ready to find out where we spent our date night!?!?

********** Disclaimer!********
This is MY BLOG! Do not turn MY BLOG into a debate of your opinions. This is MY BLOG & only MY OPINION counts on it!! If you cant say something nice say nothing at all!
*******************************


We went to the Barack Obama town hall meeting! It was so much fun! It was amazing to see the support he is receiving from KC(KC K & KC Mo) Its awesome to see the diversity of people supporting him. Young, Old, Male, Female, Black, White, Mixed, Hispanic, Asian, You name it you saw someone of each demographic. It seemed like every person in the building was 110% in support they were all so jazzed to hear him speek.
Which I have to say he is an awesome speaker. He is so genuine. There was a point in his speach that there was a person in the front row that for some reason needed a chair(I was on the 2nd level way back so I dont know why they needed a chair) but he stopped his speach & asked someone to get this person a chair & made sure they were ok once they sat down. Big deal right? I think it is a big deal it shows he cares about people.
He addresed the rumors of him being a"crazy muslim" he said " I have attended the same christian church for 25 yrs, believe in Jesus, I am not going to preach about Jesus but I praise Jesus."
He adressed healthcare FOR EVERYONE, tax changes, social security, teachers(he wants to pay them more!!!) minimum wage, the fact that no working person in America should be POOR.
He was motivating. I look forward to next tuesday's date night to go to the CACUS.

I have never payed much attention to politics. But Because John understands it, explains it to me in english- not polititian, I understand it better, I understand its importance, I understand what issues matter & what issues matter even more to me.
Sure there are issues he supports that I am not 100% on board with but there are issues to me that are 100 times more important to ME(yes its selfish) that he does support. Not only does he support them he has a plan to make changes for our country to try to make things better for Americans.


I skipped Weight Watchers tonight, BUT I am going thursday night so look for a picture & an update on how that goes! I also didnt get Tuesday's picture done... sorry...
I was so excited about my evening that i didnt think to take a picture of myself at this great event! However I took several pictures while we were there(About 100!). I was to scared to take my Nikon so I took the crappy point & shoot. The pictures SUCK! But I will pick the best ones I can & post tomorrow(I am to tired tonight!). you can see them on my flickr pages.

Good night friends!

No comments: