Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Week 4 WI Was great!

This episode my friends is loaded with babble... lets get started!
So I have good news & bad news... lets get the bad out of the way....

Sorry there is no Photo this week(YET!!!) because I was lazy. Pretty simple huh. Well I dont want to make excuses. (wait, we'll come back to this thought in the good news part of our post)

More bad/sad news... last week the friend I mentioned a few posts ago Jerry... she lost her fight with Cancer. Stupid Cancer. I have been so fortunate to not loose someone in my direct family to cancer but I still hate it. Two of my best friends have had loved ones taken by cancer. I think its one of the worst things ever to have to go thru.
Now another friend & her family has had to deal with cancer & a loss to it. All the more reason to do the little things to support what ever Cancer fund you can. American Cancer Society, Susan G Komen, your local hospital- what ever. Even if it means buying something so that $ goes to the charity. Give a little now, you may be the one who it saves later. Ok can you tell this has been heavy on my heart all week.
My sweet friend Jer- though I have never met you here I hope to meet you in heaven.
*sorry if this is hard to read it is purposly posted in pink in honor of Jer!

I am done. Lets move on to a lighter note.
More bad news... my camera is dirty. Dangit... that is what you all say right??!?!? OK maybe some of you dont care, some dont understand why its a big deal. Some might. Its sucks that I have to send it off for 3 wks & pay $65 to clean it. The bigger deal is I have to be nikonless for THREE weeks. That is an eternity. The other option is to google how to clean a sensor & risk doing it my self & really jacking it up. Not worth the risk to me so I havent done anything yet.

Enough bad news... lets get to the good stuff... ok so remember when I started this post I said we would get back to the fact that I was(am) lazy .... well when I got some mojo (from watching biggest looser) I stepped into my nikes & walked. I walked 30 minutes. It seems like the first 30 minutes are the hardest. I was tired, ready to quit but I was very inspired tonight by the yellow team on BL. I like them. I like the guy(Paul?) He is awesome. He kicked butt tonight- no he kicked everyother team's butt tonight(with help from his partner!) So i thought if he can get up at 3 am to walk & go the extra mile, I can go the extra 1/2 mile while I am already there instead of sitting on the sofa for the rest of this show. Then I thought hmm what would Jillian & Bob say If I sat down on the sofa right now after walking for 30 minutes? They would scream at me! I dont react well to screamers so I did an extra 1/2 mile tonight! Go me right!

That is what my picture was going to be of tonight the screen of the tred showing I did almost 40 minutes instead of 30... but I hit the button & it erased my stats! Take my word for it I did it. Then when I was done it was to late & I was tired so the picture didnt happen at all... then Angela had a paint emergency so I went to help with that?? (We'll see if it comes out)

Lets keep the good news flowin'.
WI- I was worried about going to WI tonight... again I didnt do as good as I could. I need to stop the thought process I have of -oh I have a week, certainly what I do wed morning wont effect next tuesday... oh yeah wanna bet! It does. When you eat junk it shows regardless!
Well I went to WI, I LOST!! I would say yeah me but not I dont feel like I deserve it this week because I didnt nothing to try. But it is another 1.8 down! I am going to try for an even 2 pounds this week & see what I can do. I have a goal & to keep me honest this is what needs to happen, I need to walk. At least every other day. I need to Drink- no not rasberry margaritas ladies & gents, water. I am not doing so hot on that. Its not as easy in the winter when its cold. But its important.
I need to count my points & journal. I havent journaled since before Christmas! What a slacker!
So next week I need to make sure I can say I did these things! Feel free to ask me this week!

I have made some other plans this week.
John & I have some challenges with fertility-I have accepted that(its sucks but I accept it) I am so thankful I have a loving husband who is willing to go thru all the crap we have been thru(never complaining once) and that he has a heart big enough to open it to children who biologically are not ours. Not everyone is that awesome. So I made it my goal this week to find out what we need to do to get our home study started. I have made a few calls, sent a few emails, I am working on it.
I hope to be atleast on an adoption waiting list by mothers day. I havent really told John about that timeline but he will find out when he reads it here! :) (iluvu)

Next plan... my friends Lindsay & Kim both have children who were preemies. We had a loss at 14 wks, March of Dimes helped my grandparents when my mom was a baby/child with polio(google it if you dont know what it is) I plan to walk the March of Dimes walk & try to raise some funds for this charity. If I can spend time walking in place on a tred mill watching tv, why not walk in this awesome event to help save babies or help families who have babies to save. That could one day be our baby who needs help! ** So watch for the links to donate to the walk comming soon to a blog, a myspace page, my website near you! **

My last bit of good news goes back to my latest passion, yep Photography. I love it. It is so much fun. I dont care if I never ever can go full time professionally & make tons of money. Ok yes thats a lie, I so want to quit my job tomorrow & for the rest of my working life carry a camera around! But really, I am having so much fun.
I have a friend from one of my classes who is doing a wedding in March (an experience job not so much a paid job) but she is going to let me 2nd shoot it! Awesome. I am very excited.
Even better than that-
Desiree Hayes, she is a fantastic photographer. Serious I love her work she is so fun spirited with her clients(I only know because it shows in her work) she is casual & my gosh she is creative. Well one of the websites I chat on is doing a mentor type thing... guess who my mentor is... Desiree Hayes! Seriously, I prayed for this. Silly I know & maybe I shouldnt be so selfish with my prayers but I know I will learn so much from her!
Ok lets stop there this is sounding stalker-ish (but I really just want grow up to be like her some day!)
If you made it this far with out falling asleep.. COOL! Thanks for reading... I will try to post something tomorrow but again no promises to that. :) its 11:18 pm & im super tired. Night friends, on to week 5!





No comments: